27.10.21

Vision and Design II

So, CraftWork is submitted, and we are starting to work on promotion at a scale appropriate to the project! I wrote a little bit at the beginning about the design process and some of the thoughts for me given my low vision, and I wanted to return to them a little bit now that we are on the other end of the process.

One of these is the process of letting go of some decisions, elements, and aspects of design, where I cannot make a fully visually informed choice because I cannot see or visualize the options. There is a evolving and increasing degree of trust in my collaborators both on this project and others.

This hinges on communication, obviously, so having some longer discussions about the parameters and feel of the project were really important. They set a scope and range for the collaboration, and also set some starting points for enacting the design. These are obviously important in any project, but It is harder to say, 'that doesn't work,' when you cannot see 'that'! It was also helpful to provide examples of what does and does not work in a design, so there was, slightly, less backtracking. This was relevant to level of grays, contrast, amount of text on a page, font size etc

At the end of the day, I think the process worked well, and I am proud of what we accomplished. I can't wait for you all to see it!

No comments:

Post a Comment